Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is an essential component of any digital marketing strategy and having the right tools can make all the difference in achieving success. But what are the right SEO tools?
Keep reading to find out the answer.
Keyword Research Tools
In order to nurture an effective SEO strategy, you need to use the right keywords on your website. This ultimately gets you higher up in SERPs (Search Engine Result Page), makes your site more discoverable on search engine webpages, and directs consumers within your target audience towards your services.
Keyword research describes the process of identifying search phrases that consumers are actively using, thus priming your website for SEO, and helping you uncover new queries to target.
- Use the right tool – There are so many keyword research tools available online, and all of them take a slightly different stance on placement strategy. Take a look at these popular options.
- Find competitor’s topics and keywords – Keeping up to speed with your competitors’ SEO strategies is important for maintaining a strong relationship with your audience. You can compete with other brands in your industry by researching competitors’ keywords.
- Choose your scope before you research – There are millions of keywords out there, but you only need to use the ones that are relevant to your agency and its audience. Don’t get lost in keyword research. Instead, pick your scope or niche and perform research within it for the best results.
On-Page SEO Tools
On-page SEO is a term that refers to the process of optimising web pages in order to improve a website’s search engine rankings and generate organic activity. This includes the traditional aspects of SEO, such as publishing quality, keyword-relevant content, as well as optimised headlines, images, and HTML tags.
Any aspects of SEO that go directly onto a brand’s website pages relate to on-page SEO tools, as opposed to backlinks or keyword research components of SEO, which happen behind the scenes.
Here are some of the best on-page SEO tools that can help boost relevancy, rankings, and attract more organic traffic:
- Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- SEO Powersuite
On-page SEO tools are essential for a comprehensive SEO strategy because they represent the content that consumers directly perceive and engage with, thus playing a critical role in brand awareness, brand perception, and the probability of conversion.
Backlink Analysis Tools
Backlinks are incoming hyperlinks that connect one page to another website. For example, this is a backlink. Inserting backlinks to your SEO content makes it rank higher on search engines – and allows you to promote other sites, brands, or products you are affiliated with.
But using and analysing backlinks requires more than just an understanding of how to insert a hyperlink. You can create an effective link-building strategy by following these tips:
- Link back to your own blogs – You can encourage more activity on your website by inserting backlinks that lead to other blog posts or targeted web pages.
- Use site stats to monitor backlink performance – With a backlink analysis tool, you gain access to site stats that inform you about the performance of each link. This can help you develop an SEO strategy that sets its focus on multiplying only the most active backlinks in use.
- Avoid backlink stuffing – Backlink oversaturation can look messy and unappealing to consumers. Instead of inserting your backlinks in clusters, spread them out evenly throughout the blog post or webpage as a whole.
Technical SEO Tools
Explain the importance of technical SEO in improving website rankings and provide insights into the best technical SEO tools available for digital agencies.
- Develop SEO-friendly site architecture – Site architecture is the way in which pages have been linked together on your website. SEO-friendly site architecture involves mapping your site in a way that all pages are just a click or two away from the homepage.
- Learn about indexing – Indexing is the process of how search engines organise the data and content. It’s an extremely important part of SEO ranking because content that cannot be found in the index is highly unlikely to rank high enough to pop up in a search result.
- Put your sitemap on Google – If you want your site to become more discoverable on Google, you need to list it on Google’s sitemap. This will make it much easier for consumers to identify your site and boost your SEO rankings.
Discuss the importance of tracking and analysing SEO performance and provide insights into the best analytics tools available for digital agencies. Offer guidance on how to use these tools to monitor website traffic, and track SEO progress over time.
- Define your business needs and goals – Understanding more about what your agency is wanting to achieve through its SEO strategy is key to its success. Before you start using your analytics tools, determine what your agency needs in terms of KPIs and market objectives.
- Choose a tool with high-ranking customer support – Analytics tools can be tricky to navigate at times, which makes great customer support a powerful asset when it comes to using this tool.
- Identify opportunities for improvement – What’s the use of having access to analytics tools if you don’t use what you find to improve the systems and structures at play? SEO tools are designed to help elevate, clarify, and improve your marketing strategy,
Use SEO Tools Correctly To Give Your Agency The Edge
A good SEO strategy is about so much more than just installing a good tool. Understanding SEO tools’ many different components is essential for utilising them in an effective way and building a strategy that actually hits your agency’s marketing goals.
Keyword research tools, on-page SEO tools, backlink analysis tools, technical SEO tools, and analytics tools all work together to produce a winning SEO marketing strategy. And each tool is capable of more when operating as a team rather than individual units.
The right SEO tools to improve website optimisation help you achieve better search engine rankings. By exploring these tools, you can integrate them into your SEO strategy for maximum impact and ultimately, attract more clients.