In digital marketing, a one-size-fits-all solution isn’t ideal. That’s why there are lots of different types of digital marketing agencies, and each one ticks different boxes. And, picking the right one for your brand can mean the difference between a successful or unsuccessful marketing campaign.
If you take a closer look at the bustling world of contemporary marketing, you can find niche digital marketing agencies, social media marketing agencies, content marketing agencies, advertising agencies, and agencies that offer the full gamut of digital marketing services. In this guide, we’ll get you acquainted with all of the different types of digital marketing agencies.
1. Full-Service Digital Marketing Agencies
A full-service digital marketing agency is exactly what it sounds like, an agency that provides a wide range of services relating to digital marketing, strategy, and management, such as:
- Social media strategy
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Content marketing
- PPC and Google Ads
- Website design, development, and management
- Email marketing
There are many benefits to working with a full-service agency. When one agency handles all your digital marketing campaigns, things like brand messaging and content quality become a lot more consistent. There’s less potential for contradiction, and it can be generally easier to manage. OMG Center is an example of a full-service digital marketing agency. The agency offers the full spectrum of digital advertising services for an effective, broad-scale approach to marketing.
2. Niche Digital Marketing Agencies
Niche digital marketing agencies also have their place in the contemporary marketing industry. Instead of offering a variety of many different services, niche agencies choose to specialise in one or two specific services, thus offering a high level of focus and expertise in those areas.
You can find niche agencies that specialise in just about any traditional digital marketing service, such as SEO, social media strategy, PPC advertising, or email marketing. For example, Sendinblue is a niche digital marketing agency that specialises in email marketing. Instead of providing a wide variety of average-quality services, they focus on providing a limited variety of excellent-quality services, including newsletter development, marketing automation, and more.
3. Digital Advertising Agencies
It is common for people to mix up digital marketing with digital advertising. And unless you’re in one of those industries yourself, it’s an honest mistake to make. But in reality, there are many notable differences between the two. Let’s take a look at them:
- Digital marketing – Digital marketing pertains to the utilisation of digital technologies to successfully market a product. It involves using different digital tools and resources to increase the output of a product or brand, and better understand its problems and solutions.
Digital marketing typically involves using targeted methods of market engagement as a means to amplify sales, lead generations, and other aspects of brand growth.
- Digital advertising – Digital advertising is a subset of digital marketing. It focuses more on the promotional side of marketing, using platforms like social media to get the word out about a brand and increase its visibility.
In short, digital marketing contributes to the development of a brand, whereas digital advertising works to inform people about it. Due to their differences, there are unique benefits to working with either of these factions of the industry.
Digital marketing helps clients find their brand voice and develop a strategy for how to both present and curate themselves in the digital world. Digital advertising benefits clients by showing them the practical options they have in terms of letting audiences know they exist and are ready for engagement.
4. Social Media Marketing Agencies
Social media marketing agencies specialise in strategising campaigns to be launched on popular social sites such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
These types of agencies are fully equipped to help clients navigate the complexities that each different platform presents, and facilitate strategic direction for content plans, scheduling, and online personas for the ultimate growth and expansion of a client’s brand. Coast Digital is a great example of a contemporary social media marketing agency. They offer services such as social media ad management, custom campaign reporting, and strategy development to help clients grow their online engagement and improve sales and lead generation rates.
5. Content Marketing Agencies
A content marketing agency is an agency whose niche is content design, development, and strategy. Content makes the world go round – and agencies who specialise in helping brands refine and implement their content campaigns are essential for establishing a sustainable relationship with consumers. In fact, a recent study found that companies who use inbound content marketing strategies save up to 62% in costs per lead than those who exclusively use traditional marketing strategies. Some of the services that a content marketing agency might provide include:
- Content marketing strategy – Every brand needs a strategy for how, when, and what kind of content they are going to put forward. That’s where these agencies come in.
- Content creation – Content quality plays an important role in brand perception. Content marketing agencies can take the reins on development so that your brand’s content is consistently high-quality and
- Content promotion – Knowing how to promote your content in the right way is essential for its online reception. These agencies help a brand promote its content in a sustainable and effective way.
- Content maintenance and optimisation – Content needs to be maintained, edited, deleted, and optimised to meet marketing KPIs. These agencies help facilitate that.
- Content performance tracking – Every agency needs to track the effectiveness of its strategies, and content marketing agencies are no different. Contently is one of the most renowned content marketing agencies in the industry. They primarily focus on creating large volumes of content and offer a fully managed service that allows businesses to outsource all their content marketing requirements.
With thousands of clients from around the world and a comprehensive range of content-related services, it’s no wonder agencies in this niche are considered one of the most indispensable to successful digital marketing efforts.
An Agency for Every Brand
The brands of today are spoiled for choice when it comes to selecting a digital marketing agency that meets their needs. From niche agencies that specialise in one skill to full-service agencies that provide a full range of marketing services, today’s clients should have no problem finding the perfect agency. There are many types of digital marketing agencies to choose from, so choose one that resonates with you!